We’re safer than Facebook! 😏
Commitment to Privacy
Who we are
Our website address is: https://DesireeClemons.com run by Desiree Clemons.
email: [email protected]
4607 Library Road
Suite 220 #546
Bethel Park, PA 15102
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If fill out a contact form your information is used so that I can respond. It is not put on any email list.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Desiree at DesireeClemons.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising in linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Your contact information is only used to respond to messages and inquiries about the products and services available on this site.
What are the purpose of privacy policies?
Privacy policies on a website serve several important purposes, both for the website operator and for the users. Here’s an overview of the main reasons why websites have privacy policies:
- Legal Compliance: Many jurisdictions require websites to disclose how they collect, use, and protect users’ personal information. Privacy policies help websites comply with laws like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other similar privacy laws around the world.
- User Rights: Privacy policies often outline the rights of users regarding their personal information, such as the right to access, correct, delete their data, or opt-out of certain uses of their information.
- Data Protection: They detail the measures a website takes to protect users’ personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, reassuring users about the security of their data.
- Third-Party Sharing and Disclosure: Privacy policies explain if and how a website shares information with third parties, such as advertisers, partners, and service providers. This includes details on how users’ data may be used by these third parties.
- User Consent: In jurisdictions with strict privacy laws, privacy policies often play a role in obtaining consent from users for the collection and use of their personal data, especially in contexts where such consent is a legal requirement.
Overall, privacy policies are a critical element of online privacy and data protection, helping to ensure that personal information is handled responsibly and in accordance with legal requirements.
At Desiree Clemons, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of our users. We understand the importance of protecting your personal and financial information and take significant measures to ensure your data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Our data protection strategy includes the use of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to secure your information. We employ both physical and electronic measures, including secure servers, firewalls, SSL encryption for data transmission, and restricted access to personal information by our employees, based on their role and necessity to engage with the data.
We regularly review and update our security practices to enhance your privacy and ensure that our safeguards meet or exceed current standards. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Sharing and Disclosure
DesireeClemons.com values your trust and respects your privacy, which is why we do not share your personal information with any third-party companies, organizations, or individuals except as described in this policy:
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights: We may disclose information where necessary for the protection of our legal rights, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate fraud.
- With Consent: We may share information with third parties when we have explicitly obtained your consent to do so.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.